Insurance Plans Acceptance

I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS OPTOMITRIST! I saw Dr Swales in Lawton, Ok for an eye exam. He told me he needed to take a picture of the inside of my eye due to questionable findings. While showing me the images and explaining certain things. I asked him "what exactly is Glaucoma"? His reply was "I just told you"! (In a very disrespectful tone). I looked at him in surprise due to his tone and sarcastic answer. He then said "oh, good question and proceeded explaining it to me. I have never been treated like this from ANY Optomitrist. It was very unprofessional! I was then turned over to his assistant, Jini to find frames! They had a very limited selection of frames and I was also told that these frames are out of network for VSP due to some kind of dispute between the manufacturer and VSP so I would not get my full benefit on the frames I chose. I specifically asked him if the frames that I picked out would set on the bridge of my nose and cause a big indention on my nose because I had that problem with my last frames (which I showed him). He said "oh no, they will fit fine! So, thinking he knew what he was talking about (after 40 yrs experience), I reluclently ordered them. Picked them up a few days later. The receptionist tightened the temple piece slightly and I left the clinic. After wearing these glasses for the afternoon, they had left a huge indention on thd top of my nose (which I took a photo of to show him proof) I took them in two days later for an adjustment. He adjusted them, and they still didn't fit right! This frame did not fit my face properly! I then asked him for a refund! His assistant said they couldn't do that. I would have to exchange them for some other frame they had! After looking again at his very limited selection of frames, I found nothing. I told his assistant that I thought I was being treated unfairly. (The whole time, Dr. Swales is setting in the next room overhearing our whole confersation instead of coming to help her with this bad situation and try to assistant, Jini! There are more minor details to this situation but buy now I think you can understand the problem here. I was promised a frame that would fit my face properly by Dr. Swales himself and instead, I am out $214 and have a pair of glasses I can't wear. I have VSP Choice insurance. I am appalled by the unprofessional customer service by Dr. Swales. My only recourse according to them, is for their generic frame rep to send them a few different frames for me to try that might fit better which will take 2 weeks.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 10, 2015.

Comments